The Accord is looking for a Data Systems Manager to join the Accord Amsterdam office.
About the Bangladesh Accord
The aim of the Bangladesh Accord is to make the RMG sector in Bangladesh safe and sustainable, where no worker needs to fear fires, building collapses or other accidents that could be prevented with reasonable safety and health measures.
The Accord was established in 2013 as an independent, legally binding agreement between apparel brands and retailers and trade unions. It was formed in the immediate aftermath of the Rana Plaza building collapse that led to the death of more than 1100 people and injured more than 2000. The agreement was renewed in June 2017 with a successor agreement known as the Transition Accord. The Transition Accord will enter into effect in May 2018 and is set to expire on 31 May 2021, unless a joint monitoring committee (comprised of Accord company signatories, Accord trade union signatories, BGMEA, ILO and the Bangladesh government) unanimously agrees that a set of rigorous conditions for a handover to a national regulatory body have been met prior to 31 May 2021.
This new position of Data Systems Manager is a great opportunity to join an unprecedented initiative and play a key role in shaping the information systems which underpin effective Accord implementation.
The Data Systems Manager will be responsible for designing data management solutions which ensure sufficient and accurate information is available for running Accord operations and monitoring Accord implementation.
Key Accord data includes: initial inspection reports for all factories, corrective action plans for all factories, follow-up inspection reports, factory lists, inspection schedules, company signatory data, meeting records, training programme data, complaints mechanism data.
In this role you will:
• Design and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis
• Formulate management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Develop and monitor policies for effective data management
• Train Case Handler, Engineering, and Training teams in Dhaka on data management policies and techniques
• Negotiate and manage the contract with the Accord database provider (Fair Factories Clearinghouse), and other software/database providers as required.
The Data Systems Manager will work closely with the teams in Bangladesh and Amsterdam to ensure robust Accord data systems.
Skills & Experience
• Proven track record in effective data management
• Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, reporting etc.)
• Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
• An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Commitment to the goals of the Accord
• Experience working with remote teams
• Understanding of global supply chains
• Understanding of labour standards and/or occupational health & safety
The Accord offers a competitive salary dependent on experience. This position is offered as a permanent employment contract, subject to successful completion of a probation period. The position is based in the Accord Amsterdam Office and will be expected to travel to Dhaka 2 to 3 times a year. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for this position to email@example.com
Application deadline: Ongoing
For more information, please visit www.bangladeshaccord.org
Download the vacancy here