About the Bangladesh Accord
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh (the Accord), signed on May 15th 2013, is a five year independent, legally binding agreement between 215 apparel brands and retailers and trade unions designed to build a safe and healthy Bangladeshi Ready Made Garment (RMG) Industry. The agreement was created in the immediate aftermath of the Rana Plaza building collapse that led to the death of more than 1100 people and injured more than 2000.
The aim of the Accord is to make the RMG sector in Bangladesh safe and sustainable, where no worker needs to fear fires, building collapses or other accidents that could be prevented with reasonable safety and health measures.
This Research Assistant position is an exciting opportunity to join a ground-breaking initiative at an important time as we monitor and support remediation at over 1600 inspected factories.
The Accord is recruiting a Research Assistant in Amsterdam. This role is necessary to support the Accord’s work in monitoring & reporting on Accord remediation & training programmes and engagement with the Accord’s 215 signatory companies.
The key objectives of this role are to analyse remediation progress across the Accord and coordinate outreach to company signatories. The Research Assistant will also assist the Accord leadership team with the implementation and review of Accord workplace programs.
This role will involve analysis of remediation data, preparing reports for the Accord team and coordinating reviews with individual company signatories.
Under the guidance and supervision of Head of Brand Outreach, the Research Assistant will:
• Analyse remediation data to identify priorities for Accord and signatories’ action
• Coordinate & minute remediation review meetings with company signatories
• Support company signatories with factory data management
• Support the organisation of events and webinars for signatories
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Data analysis and Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Clear and concise report writing and excellent record-keeping
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Commitment to the goals of the Accord
• Experience working in global supply chains and/or multinational corporations
• Knowledge of international labour standards and/or occupational health & safety
• 2 years of relevant work experience
The Accord offers a competitive compensation package, based on experience, and a pension contribution. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week. The Research Assistant position is based in the Bangladesh Accord office in Amsterdam.
The Accord is a 5-year agreement from May 2013 to May 2018. We are recruiting staff who are committed for the remaining timeframe of the Accord.
Please submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31st March 2017, 5pm CET.
Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for initial interview in April 2017.
For more information, please visit www.bangladeshaccord.org