About the Bangladesh Accord
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh (the Accord), signed on May 15th 2013, is a five year independent, legally binding agreement between 215 apparel brands and retailers and trade unions designed to build a safe and healthy Bangladeshi Ready Made Garment (RMG) Industry. The agreement was created in the immediate aftermath of the Rana Plaza building collapse that led to the death of more than 1100 people and injured more than 2000.
The aim of the Accord is to make the RMG sector in Bangladesh safe and sustainable, where no worker needs to fear fires, building collapses or other accidents that could be prevented with reasonable safety and health measures.
This Communications Assistant position is an exciting, entry-level opportunity to join a ground-breaking initiative at an important time as we monitor and support remediation at over 1600 inspected factories.
The Accord is recruiting a Communications Assistant to be based in Amsterdam to support the important operations of:
• External Communications on Accord progress
• Internal communications and information dissemination to signatories
The key objectives of this role are to assist in the development and dissemination of high quality communication materials to external stakeholders and Accord signatories consistent with the Accord house-style and communication strategy.
Under the guidance and supervision of Head of Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement, the Communications Assistant will support and assist in:
• Compiling communications materials (annual reports, progress reports, fact sheets)
• Developing and formatting presentation slides and documents in Accord house-style
• Maintaining and keeping current Accord external and internal webpages
• Supporting the Accord media outreach work (press conferences, webinars, media contact database)
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Ability to develop high-quality communication materials
• Clear and concise writing skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Commitment to the goals of the Accord
• Experience working in global supply chains and/or multinational corporations
• Knowledge of international labour standards and/or occupational health & safety
• At least one year relevant work experience
The Accord offers a competitive compensation package, based on experience, and a pension contribution. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week. The Communications Assistant position is based in the Bangladesh Accord office in Amsterdam.
The Accord is a 5-year agreement from May 2013 to May 2018. We are recruiting staff who are committed for the remaining timeframe of the Accord.
Please submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for this position to email@example.com
Application deadline: 14 April 2017, 5pm CET.
Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for initial interview in late April 2017.
For more information, please visit www.bangladeshaccord.org